Membership & Attendance Policy
It is important to be aware that EVERYONE will be welcomed and that JiveX DOES NOT or WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE between people.
As we wish everyone to feel comfortable and safe, you will only enter at your own risk under the following T&Cs
1. If you are suffering from any CoVid or flu-like symptoms, for the safety of others, you are asked to take responsibility and requested not to attend!
2. Please bring along your own hand sanitiser to any of our events or classes and use it between each dance partner.
3. Dancing is an aerobic activity and therefore dancers participate at their own risk! As dancers can occasionally get bumped or stepped on by other dancers, I advise (do not police) that people refrain from wearing stilleto heels, or metal segged shoes.
4. Any illness dance injury or loss is entirely your own responsibility. JiveX, the venue, its staff, myself, or JiveX helpers, cannot be held responsible or carry any liability under any circumstances.
5. Entering a JiveX event or class is done entirely at your own risk and is deemed to be accepting the above Safety notice terms as stated in this website T&Cs and you will be required to sign a disclaimer on entry. Failure to do so will result in a refused entry.
6. Finally, please bring along your own pen to sign in
Entering any JiveX event or class is deemed to be accepting the terms of the above safety notice and general T&Cs below.
JiveX is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting our website (“our site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”), the data controller is JiveX
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
1. Information you give us
You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you register to use our site, subscribe to any of our services or when you report a problem with our site.
The information about you we may collect, hold and process is set out below:
(a) Information collected and processed for the purpose of responding to your query or request for to receive our newsletter:
- Your Name
- Your Address
- Your Email Address
- Your Telephone Number
- Your Membership Number
(b) Information we automatically collect when you visit our site:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our consultants.
(c) Information we receive from other sources.
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other sites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
(a) Information you give to us may be used:
- to send you our event notifications if this is what you have signed up for;
- to create a free membership if and when membership is implemented
- monitor event attendance in order to provide and process discounts where offered
- to contact you in response to any queries or contact you have made;
- if required by law or for the purposes of our business requirements (e.g. to auditors or third party service suppliers);
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
(b) Information we receive from other sources:
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if JiveX has substantially all of its assets acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its candidates will be one of the transferred assets;
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and is protected using industry standard Secure Layer (SSL) Encryption Technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do not collect sensitive data.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- strictly necessary cookies: these are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site;
- analytical/performance cookies: they allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
- functionality cookies: these are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of region); and
- targeting cookies: these cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data, including processing for marketing purposes, in accordance with your rights under the Act. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by emailing our data controller, Mr Andrew Eldridge directly at email@example.com
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You can exercise this right by sending an email to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- If and when a membership and event attendance system is activated, it may be via the event notification system.
- The purpose of such a system would be to provide additional loyalty benefits to members over non members
- If that membership is granted via the event notification system then a member removing themselves from the notification mailing list will also be automatically removing themselves from the membership list, rendering themselves unable to receive any further membership benefits
- If there is a dispute on the door over this self removal from the list, the full door price will need to be paid and you may contact us via email requesting an investigation to check the system for errors
PHOTOGRAPHS & VIDEOS
When attending our events we may take photographs and videos in order to promote the business.
- In attending any of our events you are giving us express permission to use any content that includes yourself in our promotion materials, websites including social media such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter pages/groups and possibly others.
- If you are unhappy with any of the images or videos in which you appear, you may write to us requesting the removal and wherever practical we will do our best to remove them for you.
- While we do not wish to offend anyone, we cannot guarantee material removal following post production or advertisement placing!
- NB once published on Social media, if the image has been shared by friends etc, even if we remove it, it may be still visible on other news feeds.